Want to work at Carl House?
Events Sales Associate (year-round, full-time position):
We are seeking a meticulous and adaptable sales administrator. To ensure success, sales administrators should have experience in a sales environment and advanced administrative skills. Outstanding sales administrators understand lead process and can provide excellent administrative support to ensure sales department has the information needed, that potential clients are being contacted in a timely manner and has excellent follow through. Wedding/Event Industry experience and knowledge a huge plus.
Job Summary: In this role, you will respond to leads (no outside sales), provide information to potential clients, schedule appointments/tours, occasionally do the tours (owner does most of them), create proposals, follow up with leads, and create contracts (from an establish template). You will be responsible for the maintenance and flow of the sales department tracking and leads systems included as well as assisting in the planning of all corporate events; all event sales admin work, upselling of the property, maintaining up to date master calendars, reporting, inventory management of all sales supplies, and forward progression and development.
Essential Job Responsibilities/Duties/Tasks:
- Event Sales focused on Weddings and other events
- Keeping up with correspondence and have accountable response times
- Monitoring and tracking of clients requesting information
- Weekly/Bi-Weekly/Monthly/Quarterly reporting
- Booking and facilitating site tours (along with the owner)
- Coordination assistance on event day (occasionally)
- Direct contact with current and future clients
- Heavily invested in administration/computer work
- Update Phones and third-party web sites with ongoing event information
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- Attending all staff meetings and Special Sales Events
- Office support to operations, accounting, floral, and F&B department
- Receive orders/supply deliveries
- Serves as the marketing team’s point person and assists with promotion of events
- Participate in a culture that is based on positive attitude, open communication and conversation that promotes team building, a rewarding atmosphere, and a high level of morale
- Have a positive “can do” attitude and lead by example
- Support all departments of the team in creating an exceptional guest experience.
- Maintain atmosphere, cleanliness and staging of the sales department.
- Assist operations in supplying and maintaining general office equipment
Skills and Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty above satisfactorily.
- Demonstrate a high level of hospitality knowledge and skills.
- Communicate effectively and professionally.
- Have strong knowledge of local area, including local businesses, restaurants, hotels and towns, and the ability to give directions to each.
- Have excellent communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Able to work weekends, holidays, and early-morning or evening hours when needed (schedule will be mostly M-F 8am-4pm, but flexibility is required)
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing, and allocating resources efficiently to meet deadlines. Highly organized and ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments on a daily basis.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- 18 years of age or older.
- Previous sales and/or event experience a huge plus
- Proficient using the latest versions of Microsoft and Google Products a must; TPP experience a huge plus
- Associates or bachelor’s degree a plus
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit or stand for long periods of time, in addition they must be able to walk, talk, see, and hear. Must be capable of regularly lifting, pushing, or pulling 25lbs or more. Must be able to legibly write by hand. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be in a fast paced, high volume office environment located and a beautiful old (1903) house used for events. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Bartenders: (Part Time Positions – Mostly Weekends)
We are looking for energetic and dedicated experienced bartenders to join our growing staff. Responsibilities: Setup, break-down, restocking and cleaning the bar and bar area; engage with guests and create a positive experience; prepare and serve both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, including garnishing.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Banquet Servers: (Part Time Positions – Mostly Weekends)
We are looking for energetic and dedicated banquet servers to join our growing staff. Candidates should posses an excellent work ethic, a friendly and professional demeanor, and be comfortable being on their feet for several hours at a time.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
The event manager (EM) position oversees the staff during events to ensure everything is done and done correctly. The position requires excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage people. This position is also the liaison between upper management and the service staff. The EM needs to be able to accept direction, delegate, and supervise so that everything is taken care of. In this position you will stand or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Helping people to have a wonderful wedding or event is very fulfilling. A desire to serve and make people happy is a must.
*Previous banquet server/cater waiter experience a must*
Event Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervise and assist with table and banquet hall prep before the event
• Supervise and assist with food/buffet preparations before and during the event
• Ensure safe food handling guidelines are followed by self and team members
• Supervise and assist delivery of food from the kitchen and/or prep area to the banquet hall in a timely manner
• Supervise and assist serving of appetizers and plated dinners to guests
• Take customer questions and/or requests, assist in a timely and satisfactory manner
• Supervise and assist with post-event clean up, food storage & tear down/reset for next event
• Work as a member of a team, communicate with team members and supervisors to ensure efficient work ethic and overall guest satisfaction
Employment Requirements and Qualifications:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred
• Previous experience a plus
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Overall excellent customer service
• Punctual, Energetic, motivated personality
• Must have stamina, must be able to stand/walk for several hours at a time
• Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must pass background check
Please fill out the following application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org